Call Jerry now to learn about the wonderful advances so many players have
made with these two new mouthpieces:
Since their introductions in spring of 2016, the 1ss and its shallower brother,
the 1sb, have become our #1 sellers. Both were specifically designed by Jerry to
help players struggling with chop problems. Both are small and unforgiving so
they work like a bold ‘stop signal’ to close down as soon as your proper
embouchure starts to lose its grip. By keeping you centered, these mouthpieces
immediately increase power, pitch, range, and endurance. Plus, chop problems
are immediately identified and avoided!
• Diameter: similar to a Bach 20 (.582”, 19/32nds”, 15mm)
• Cup shape: copy of extremely efficient Harry James double cup design
• Cup size on 1ss*: medium-shallow initial cup with shallow second cup for greatly
improved range, power, and endurance
• Cup size on 1sb**: shallow initial cup with extra shallow second cup for maximum
range, power, and endurance
• Rim: adapted from the great Charlie Shavers’ personal rim - wider and more
rounded than New York Bach. Extremely comfortable in all ranges
• Throat:29 for superior response and efficiency with less air for added endurance,
increased security, and proper focus in the upper range
• Backbore: narrower but longer than a standard New York Bach for greatly
improved intonation from low F# to double C and beyond
• Outer shape: triple contour for quickest response, dependable attack,
and increased projection
*Superchops 1ss also available in cornet and flugelhorn versions
**Superchops 1sb has same diameter cup as 1ss model but 2 steps shallower.
The result is added brilliance and even easier high register. Many professionals
are adapting both models depending on the musical character. The 1sb is
available for cornet as well as trumpet.
go to: Price and Ordering
New fully balanced 'Classical' design from Jerome Callet. Specially made for all
trumpeters accustomed to a wide diameter comparable to a Bach 1 1/2 C.
The SC8 produces an exceptionally wide, fat and powerful tone while retaining
the added endurance, superior intonation, and easy upper range which characterize all Callet mouthpieces.
• Diameter: similar to a Bach 1 1/2 (.660, 42/64th, 16.7mm)
• Cup shape: copy of extremely efficient Dominick Calicchio double cup design
• Cup size: medium-shallow initial cup with shallow second cup for greatly
improved range and endurance
• Rim: wider and more rounded than New York Bach - extremely comfortable in all ranges
• Throat:29 for remarkable efficiency with less air for added endurance and secure upper range
• Backbore: smaller and longer than a standard New York Bach for greatly improved
intonation from low F# to double C and beyond
• Outer shape: triple contour for quickest response, dependable attack, and exceptional power
The Superchops 3 trumpet mouthpiece has an
exceptionally centered tone with increased clarity and power. The rich tone
quality, with spot-on intonation from lowest register to above double high C,
is truly astounding. With the easiest performance ever, the SC3 provides the
greatest playing improvement for all players. Time needed to switch from
7C to 10½ C sizes is about 1 to 2 weeks.
• Most perfect and even blow of any mouthpiece ever built.
Note: Please visit MSC Forum
for the feedback (after the date of March 22nd, 2009).
• Diameter: similar to a Bach 10 1/2
• Cup and rim: copy of Calicchio design
• Cup: medium-shallow double cup
• Rim: wider, more rounded, and extremely comfortable
• Throat: 29
• Backbore: Smaller than standard New York Bach
• Traditional exterior shape
• Also, available in flugelhorn and cornet versions
For players seeking a slightly wider cup and even wider sound than the
Superchops 3 while retaining most of the dense core, controlled focus, and
superb projection of the Superchops 3.
• Diameter: Bach 7C size. Slightly wider than Superchops 3
• Same type of wide rim as Superchops 3
• Same type of cup, throat and backbore as Superchops 3
This is an extra copy of a standard Superchops 3 but with an extra shallow cup
like a Superchops 6.
For players seeking an even more focused sound with the densest core and most
powerful projection possible.
• Diameter: Bach 7C size
• Very shallow double cup, 29 throat, same longer backbore as
the Superchops 4
• Same wide, exceptionally comfortable rim as Superchops 4
• May require additional acclimation time for players not yet
proficient on a very
Extensive testing of this mouthpiece with a large number of highly advanced
players has shown that the SC6, in the right hands, is a nearly magical
mouthpiece. The very shallow cup requires a highly advanced embouchure.
An embouchure which allows the lips to blow forward will result in premature
bottoming-out. However, for those that are ready for a shallow cup the results are
truly amazing. For these players, the sound is actually BIGGER than the already
very large sound of the SC4. Ease and endurance in the upper range are
exceptional with no loss in focus or richness. Numerous advanced lead players
have found the magic in this mouthpiece. Yet surprisingly, the sound of this
mouthpiece is so big that it is even being used in professional orchestras in the
U.S. and Europe.